Saturday, March 30, 2013

Some character designs...

I am taking this awesome independent study this semester, and its focusing all on character design!!
I picked a story to sort of make into an animated movie pitch, with a simplified storyline, character designs, environmental studies and such. It's a lot of fun!! I love doing this kind of stuff!! oh so much!

I decided on the story, "The Red Shoes" by Hans Christian Andersen.  I decided to set it in the 1920s, and change it up a bit, where Karen is a dancer and the red shoes help her, you know, instead of destroy her life, cause her to cut off her feet and eventually kill her. Good 'ol fairy tales!!

These are the first sketches I ever did. I wanted to make it so 1920s. The anatomy is berserk, but I still love the overall style and art decoish quality and that is gonna be a part of it. 






Another assignment not relating to the red shoes story at all, unless it took place in space. but these are some robot butlers!


It's been an interesting study, I've learned alot and the characters have evolved so much, its really awesome to look back at the first sketches. Ill post the finished project later!