Monday, October 22, 2012

Illustration!

So far my favorite class of the semester is illustration methods!! I love this class, and it's my most hardcore one.  My teacher is kicking my ass and I am experimenting with different mediums, so I'm pushing myself so hard!!! I had never used digital beyond simple vector drawings, so actually doing a finished piece in photoshop is quite an accomplishment!!

A lot of them are still works in progress and need major changes, but overall I am pretty proud of myself, mainly because I threw myself in the digital realm. But thats the best way to learn.


Our first assignment was a heaven and hell piece. So I went in this direction:





I tried not to be literal, coming more from the angle of a contrast of freedom and total dependancy.
I think everyone knows at least one kid who's attempted to build a contraption that they think will actually fly. I definitely know a couple, and I may or may not have been one of them. :)