Monday, October 22, 2012

Gidget!!

I am really happy we got to do whatever we wanted one week. I am so busy with school and all the homework they pile on that most of my personal projects never make it out of my sketchbook.
I have been on a Gidget kick since the summer. I love the movie Gidget and Gidget goes Hawaiian. They are really old, really cheesy 1950s surfing movies-a summer classic. I've been wanting to do something that emphasized the retro look and colors of the film, and the fun in it.


This is the sketch I did, and I really liked it! I wanted to do a paper sculpture, and i thought it would look cool if some of the paper stuck out over the matting.
I love the colors, unfortunately, I realized that paper was harder to find than I thought. So I had to settle for different blues.



Almost finished!! I hate the background. Pretty much I fell asleep when I was doing this and woke up and had to leave in 30 mins for school, so I threw something together, it works I guess, but not how I wanted it. 


close up shot. that wave was a pain to cut out.

but I love Gidget and Moondoggie! <3