Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Semester '12

Spring semester is still going!! I have about a month left until SUMMERRRR!!! my favorite time of year!!! I love going outside in flip flops and getting a tan and of course, THE SHORE!!

So here's some stuff I've been up to in my illustration class this semester, I'm going to update later with stuff from my other classes, anatomy and typography.

But for now...
As part of our assignment over winter break, we were given the prompt,
'God is a beautiful little girl who changes her mind'.
It took me most of break to come up with the idea. I like it for the most part,
except the meteors. I feel like they don't fit all that well.. :-/


Princess and the pea!!

Yet another 'seven deadly sins' assignment.

Over our spring break, we had to paint a GIANT oil painting. Which basically means I didn't have a spring break, which is why I am so excited about summer!!!
We had to reinterpret a master's painting. So, using Botticelli's "Birth of Venus" as inspiration, I came up with a fun Moulin Rouge/ Burlesque thing. 
I really enjoyed doing this, so I guess it was a good spring break. :) 

le sketch

Le finished painting
I got the hang of oil painting as i was painting the people.
I might go back and fix the background later when i have more time.
But overall, i LOVE LE COLORS!!

The newest thing I've done!
We had to create a circus sideshow moister if we were a circus freak.
Basically making fun of ourselves.
Which was of course, super fun for me because I'm obsessed with Disney and thats pretty much what I'm known for.
It's acrylic on canvas and then i beat the hell out of it to make it look super old. :)