Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Little Red Riding Hood is a Gun Nut!

This is something I've been working on the past couple of weeks! I've been trying to stay away from fairy tales because everyone does them and I've been trying to shed the image that I am obsessed with them and it's the only thing I'll ever draw.
Which I am a little obsessed but I can draw many more things.

But I couldn't help myself with this one.

I wanted to do a badass version of red riding hood...where she travels through the woods to grandma's house but not without her handy gun!
Red isn't fooled by the wolf, she suspects and just to be sure, lifts grandma's cap before she takes care of the wolf!

I am quite happy with the way this turned out. I wish the painting was a little neater, but I was rushing. I redid this quite a number of times.

Here is the final!



This was the close to last sketch I used. I got rid of the door and all the extra stuff...I didn't like how it turned out when I painted it.


I am quite happy. Onward to the next thing!

1 comment: